CHILLLED DAY WITH DARK POET

DARKPOET 
CHILLED DAY WITH GIDI GANG'S DARKPOET


IRGM: Hello Darkpoet! Its nice to have you here. 
darkpoet:Thanks its good to b here
IRGM: what's your real name 
darkpoet: Femi odukoya Adefemi to b precise
IRGM: How long have you been into music 
darkpoet:Since 99,2000
12 13 yrs
IRGM: What made you start music
darkpoet:
Well I always loved music,rap more than anything pop songs too,rnb reggae the works
So I gave it a shot one day,Started from changing the lyrics to other peoples songs to make em funny Then I decided to write my own songs
IRGM: What's your source of inspiration and what keeps you going
darkpoet:Well,u can say good music I'm like wow Everytime I hear a really good song So there is still talent out there Pushes me to want to reach Pple that hav neva heard my music Hopefully maybe I myt hav the same effect on em
  IRGM: Are you a student
darkpoet:No I work But I see my self studying some more Like pple say We neva really stop learning So myt go back to school 4 another degree Mayb
IRGM: have you always had the support of your parents
darkpoet:Well at 1st evry parent would b skeptical Mine was no exception But they later got wit it Funny thing is my parent nw call me dark poet Lol
IRGM: what are you planning on archieving with your music
darkpoet:Well I plan to reach out to the pple that don't hav that much and give them a chance of hope,that they can come from anywhere nd be anything
IRGM: where do you see yourself in the next 3years
darkpoet:Well I see myself finally living off music,and by that I mean ripping the benefit of all the years of hard work put in 
IRGM: Your latest release was "Set P" which some people said had similarities with MAGIC by LOS, how did you handle this.
darkpoet:Well "Set P" was neva meant to b released as an official single,cause it was a result of us fool'n around in the studio,as we all know I'm a rap artist,that day I walked in on knighthouse ace producer "Dj klem" makin a beat I told him I liked the beat but it sounded lik a singer's song then he said "go ahead and sing"At 1st I laff'd But den decided to put my self to the test to see if I could do a sing along song pple could actually relate too I wrote the whole song overnyt so by morning I came up wit a melody it was after I recorded and released it We realized it had a few similarities to the Los song at the beginning but by then it was already out,and most pple that heard it liked it anyway But I wanna say again 4 the record,if we heard both songs together We probably would hav changed the arrangement of our song Nothing else But we had talks wit the los management immediately and we cool
IRGM: How do you deal with negative comments about your rap skill
darkpoet:
Well I don't get too many and the ones I get are probably from pple who havnt heard too much of my stuff or are just out to generally get attention So I pay em no mind I know wat I'm workin with I concentrate on that And let the haters do their job
IRGM: are you in any sort of relationship
darkpoet:
Not ryt nw! No

IRGM: How do you deal with your female fans?
darkpoet:
I love everyone that loves my music,male and female
But yea some female fans actually go the extra mile of wnting to get closer Well I hav a couple on my bbm some have met me in person But that's about as far as it goes I try nt to date any fans Cause dark poet and femi are two diff pple
IRGM: Which artiste do you see yourself working with in the nearest future
darkpoet:
Well I hav a couple on my forth comin album,the likes of sound sultan,sossick,vector,eva,and a couple surprises
IRGM: Do you have anything to say to those people who want to be like you.
darkpoet:
Well don't try and be like me,be ur own kind of person,so I can be ur fan if ur tight lol
IRGM: this is where we say our goodbyes, It was Nice having you here, any shout outs and last words
darkpoet:
Well I wanna shout out to my entire camp,my crew Gidigang,and evrysingle one of my fans,pls keep supporting good music.Nyyeeaaaaaa:)

follow darkpoet on twitter 
@darkpoet_
 



CLICK HERE TO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE

Comments